1. The Fall Harvest Educational Experience includes 3 Learning Stations Selected to Coordinate with Specific Grade Level SOLs with an emphasis on FARM TO TABLE:
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Story – From Seeds to Pumpkin Pie
- Corn Maze – From Seeds to Syrup and Hi-Tech Adventure
- Barn Yard Animal Fun – Visit and Learn About Farm Animals
In addition, the Fall Harvest Educational Experience features:
- Explore the fall season of agriculture in our “5-acre Educational Corn Maze” OR enjoy our pre-school size “Hay Bale Maze”
- Learn about growing and harvesting pumpkins on our “Hayrides to the Pumpkin Patch” (everyone picks a hand held pumpkin from our student patch)
- Discover where milk comes from the “Milk-A-Cow” exhibit
- Meet Sinkland Farms’ barnyard animals and learn some fascinating facts about each one
- Plus, take advantage of our Special Exhibit for your Fall Class Photo (please bring cameras)
- Each class also receives a large-sized classroom pumpkin
- Special lesson on “all things corn” from life cycle, corn foods and industrial uses
This experience lasts approximately 1.5 hours.
Bring snacks or lunch to enjoy for an additional 20-30 minutes.
Perfect for Pre-school through 2nd Grade! Special needs groups of all ages welcome. Questions? Call 540-230-8030.