Sinkland Farms has been voted Gold, Best Farm to Visit by the readers of Blue Ridge Country magazine in the 2013 Best of the Mountains poll.
> Read the full article
2013 Pumpkin Festival
Entertainment Fee: $5/carload includes:
* Free live music
* Visits from Hokie Tron
* Punkin' Chunkin' by World Champion "Team Carbo" Sept. 28-29
* Rocket Launchings by NRV Rocketry Sept. 28-29 and Oct. 26-27
* Free animal barn and other special attractions throughout the festival
Other fun attractions:
* Hay rides: $2
* Corn Cannon and Sling Shots: 3 for $1
* Moonwalk, Mechanical Bull, & 30ft. Slide: all day pass for $10
* Pony/Carriage rides: $5
* Horse Trail: $10
* Face Painting: $1
* Corn Maze: $5 per person
* Pumpkins and Fall Decor: $1-$25
* Hayrides to Pumpkin Patch
* Live Music
* Pony and Carriage Rides
* Barnyard Animals
* Haybale Jump
* Face Painting
* Farm Equipment
* Sling Shots
* Corn Cannons
* Arts and Crafts Vendors
* Corn Maze
* Other special attractions!
* Indian Corn
* Straw Bales
* Corn Shocks
* Hot dogs
* Pinto Beans
* Corn Muffins
* Apple Cider
* Hot Chocolate
* Home Made Baked Goods
* Sandy Candy
* Kettle Korn
* Ice Cream
* Variety of sodas and water
Red Rooster Coffee Roaster
Coffee Bar open every weekend!
GRAND OPENING WEEKEND!
Sinkland Farms 21st Pumpkin Festival
Open Every Weekend in October
The Sinkland Farms Pumpkin Festival has something for everyone! Barnyard animals, corn cannons, pumpkin sling shots, horse-trail riding, corn maze, hayrides to the pumpkin patch, hot coffee, hot dogs, hot apple cider, and more! Read our Press Release.
Rocket Launchings by NRV Rocketry
Live Music by Huckleberry Pie
Daves Moonwalks & More - $10 per person
Punkin' Chunkin' by World Champion "Team Carbo"
Sinkland Farms is proud to host our annual pumpkin festival for the young and young at heart! You are sure to find something for everyone...hay rides, pony rides, rocket launches, air launchers, face painting, art, fall decor, farm animals, corn maze, food, ice cream, and much, much more!! Admission is free to enjoy our live music, visit with the animals, and wander through the meadows. Visitors with special needs are always welcome. Make Sinkland Farms a special annual tradition that your family will remember for years to come! Read more about our fun attractions for 2013~ The full Pumpkin Fest Schedule is found here.
Don't miss out this year ~ bring your Church Youth, Homeschool, 4-H, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Fraternities, Sororities, Clubs, and Athletic Teams for a group outing at Sinkland Farms. We're scheduling group events every Thursday and Friday through October 31st.
September 28 through October 27, 2013
10 AM to 5 PM
Corn Maze After Dark 5 PM to 8 PM
1 PM to 5 PM
Corn Maze After Dark 5 PM to 8 PM
Corn Maze After Dark is also open Fridays from 5pm to 8pm
*Specialty features are priced at the left. Parking Fee of $5 per carload provides access to all of the free activities offered at the festival including live music, animal barn, punkin' chunkin' exhibit, Hokie Tron appearances, rocket launch, art exhibit, and more!
- Monday through Friday before 2 p.m., our staff is working with school tours. Admission to the farm during this period is obtained by paying the school tour fee and accompanying one of our tour groups. You can purchase admission to the farm at the Cottage Shoppe.
Want to be more invovled in this year's festival? Contact Sinkland Farms at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the following opportunities:
- seasonal job openings are available for folks with a background in customer service
- seeking tractor drivers and tractors for our hayrides to the pumpkin patch
- spaces available for our Art in the Barn exhibit and show
- vendor spaces are open for every festival weekend for arts, crafts, and other festival goods
* * * * * * * * * *
SPECIAL EVENTS FOR 2013!
Free live music every Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
Sept. 28-29 Punkin' Chunkin' World Champion "Team Carbo" of Raleigh, NC will be demonstrating their catapult and slinging pumpkins up to 2000 feet!!
Visits from Hokie Tron
Air Launchers for all ages
Oct. 26 5K Pumpkin Run
THANKS to all who braved the cold and supported the 5K Pumpkin Run!
Here are the winning time results.
1. Brandon Bear 17.59 2. Jack Hanline 21.49 3. Jack Wowesett 23.29 4. Brady Semtner 23.55 5. Rob Semtner 24.17 6. Paul Dominy 25.00 7. Davis Menmer 25.10 8. Olivia Wharton 26.18 9. Meigs Helms 27.13 10. Ben Anderson 29.52 11. Carter Baily 30.14 12. Ricky Baily 30.15 13. Jacob Hedrick 31.05 14. Lauren Craft 31.31 15. Ionna Peterman 31.53 16. Kylie Fadeley 32.48 17. Jessy Harvell 32.49 18. Erin Crawford 35.06 19. Katie Hanline 35.10 20. Arthur Lucia 35.58 21. Ashton Gorton 39.05 22. Alexis Niconicra 41.04
. . .and the goblins will get you if you don’t watch out in the
Corn Maze “After Dark”
Some say ghosts and goblins linger among the corn stalks around Halloween and some say you can see them only in the moonlight. But if you listen closely, the wispy crackling sounds you hear are more than just the wind blowing through the corn maze. If you are brave enough to enter the maze after dark, you must bring a flash light to light up your path. You may not want to go alone so come in groups of 10 or more and huddle close or the goblins will get you if you don’t watch out!
The corn maze is open after dark on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. $5.00 per person. *Don’t forget your flashlight for the corn maze after 6 PM! Visit the Cottage Shoppe for your corn maze tickets from 5 - 8pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Evening Bonfire Parties
VT, RU, Roanoke, and Hollins College organizations, Chuch groups, and local scouts have made Sinkland Farms Bonfire Parties & Hayrides a longtime favorite tradition. Bring your group, nestle in on a bed of hay for a scenic hayride around the property. Groups come back to the Cottage Shoppe for hot apple cider and roast marshmallows around the fire. A second favorite scenario is a cozy bonfire under a zenith of stars with a dance party in the barn pavillion. Contact Sinkland Farms at email@example.com to schedule your group party.