EDUCATIONAL FARM ENVIRONMENT EXPERIENCE
Perfect for late-September and early October before the first frost!
Includes five nature and activity stations:
- Investigate habitats, food sources, and life-cycles in the “Birds and Butterflies” Garden
- Observe composting and rain cachements in action: “Re-use, Recycle, & Conserve” Exhibit
- Experience food at its source at the “Grow Your Own” Garden
- Learn how native trees clean our air and provide critical habitat for many species in our “All About Trees” Activity
- Explore the water ecosystem at “The Water’s Edge”
This experience lasts approximately 2 hours.
Bring snacks or lunch to enjoy for an additional 20-30 minutes.
Recommended for grades 5-7. Questions? Call 540-230-8030.
Download the Nature Trail Map (PDF)